ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CONDITIONS
- Abstracts are required for all oral presentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 20.04.2022, 23.59 CET
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the Conference Organizer.
- The presenting author must register as an active participant at the conference at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
- The abstract word limit is max. 400 words per abstract. If an illustration (one allowed) is uploaded for inclusion in the abstract, the word count should be diminished by 100 words. If the word count is not reduced adequately, the meeting organizers reserve the right to omit the illustration from the published abstract.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study.
- Identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as all abstracts will be blinded before forwarded to the reviewers.
- The abstract must include the following:
Authors: presenting author first
Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations.
Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
- Illustration: One figure/table/photograph may be added to an abstract. Submit your graphical illustration in jpg format and make reference to the illustration in the abstract text. Provide a brief caption for your illustration. In case an illustration is uploaded, reduce the abstract word count by 100 words.
- References: A maximum of five literature references may be added at the end of the abstract text. For each reference you can only state the first author’s name and bibliography (not the title of the paper).
- Acknowledgements: Mention all sources of funding of the work described and other acknowledgements briefly at the end of the abstract text. References and acknowledgements are included in the 400 word count for the abstract text.
- Use of brand names: Generic names must be used for all references to products or companies. The brand name can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason only.
- The scientific committee will review the abstract
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent directly to all presenting authors (and submitters) by email.
- It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines for medical research involving humans and/or animals. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
For all enquiries regarding the abstract submission, please contact the Conference Organizers at: email@example.com